Sese Integrated Power Project
- First Quantum Minerals Limited (FQM) were introduced as a majority equity partner at the Sese Joint Venture in 2014 and have since directly invested AUD $12m for a 61% project interest and has committed to invest a further AUD $5m to increase its stake to 75%
- In 2017, a conceptual study of the proposed power station design was completed, determining that Sese coal is a suitable fuel for either pulverised coal boiler technology (PC) or circulating fluidised bed boiler technology (CFB).
- Sese Mining Licence and Manufacturing Development Approval Order were awarded to Sese JV in 2017, which has secured the majority of the licences and permits required for a power project.
- An application for a Generation and Export Licence has been submitted which along with suitable transmission and wheeling agreements are the only key outstanding commercial documents.
- All project information and technical studies have been incorporated into an Information Memorandum which is suitable for briefing potential lenders to the project.
- First Quantum is responsible for arranging the funds required to build the Sese integrated power project, and will loan carry African Energy’s residual 25% interest through to commercial production
Conceptual Design for the 300MW Sese Power Station